Bacon Cheeseburger SkewersDownload
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean 20% fat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices white bread, each cut into 4 pieces
- 16 small squares cheddar cheese pieces
- 2 cups loosely packed green leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Dipping sauce (optional):
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare the ground beef. Portion into 16 equal pieces and shape into a small patty about 1 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once bacon is done, cook beef patties in the skillet until browned and cooked all the way through, and an instant read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- While burger patties are cooking, toast bread cubes under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- To assemble the skewers, pierce cherry tomato with a toothpick or mini skewer, followed by a small piece of lettuce. Stack a toast, burger patty, bacon and cheese together and then stick the prepared skewer through it.
- Repeat with remaining skewers and serve immediately.
- To serve with the dipping sauce, whisk mayonnaise and ketchup together until smooth. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
- Notes: To make ahead, keep burger patties and bacon warm in a 200°F oven and cover toasts with plastic wrap so they don’t dry out. Assemble skewers right before serving. You can also spread a little of the dipping sauce on the toasts before assembling, if desired.