Campfire French Toast CasseroleDownload
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Total Time: 65 min
- 12 slices Food Club Cottage White Bread, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Food Club Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Food Club Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Food Club Brown Sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Food Club Maple Syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread bread cubes onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 20 minutes, or until dry to the touch. Transfer bread to a lightly greased 9×13 inch foil pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar. Whisk until combined. Pour mixture evenly over bread.
- Add strawberries and blueberries. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F (or heat your grill over medium heat) and bake casserole, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown and the center is set.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.