Campfire French Toast CasseroleDownload
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus chilling time)
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
12 slices Food Club Cottage White Bread, cubed
8 large eggs 1 cup half-and-half
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons Food Club Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Food Club Ground Cinnamon
2/3 cup Food Club Brown Sugar
1 cup strawberries sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Powdered sugar, for serving
Food Club Maple Syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread bread cubes onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 20 minutes, or until dry to the touch. Transfer bread to a lightly greased 9×13” foil pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar. Whisk until combined. Pour mixture evenly over bread.
- Add strawberries and blueberries. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F (or heat your grill over medium heat) and bake casserole, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown and the center is set.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.