Celebration Ice Cream CakeDownload
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 28 minutes (includes freezing time)
Ingredients for ice cream cake:
Food Club Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Food Club Yellow Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon Food Club Pure Vanilla Extract
Food Club Chocolate Ice Cream, softened
Ingredients for whipped frosting:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Food Club Confectioner’s Sugar
2 teaspoons Food Club Pure Vanilla Extract
Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating
Method for ice cream cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two 9-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla for 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack. Remove cakes from the pans.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Place one layer cake into the bottom of the pan and spread chocolate ice cream on top into an even layer. Top with the second layer cake. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Method for whipped frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Cover cake with whipped frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Freeze until ready to serve.