Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken KabobsDownload
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 lbs frozen chicken breasts, thawed (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Steamed rice, for serving (optional)
- Additional cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- Cube chicken into 2-inch pieces and add to a resealable plastic bag.
- Add olive oil, lime juice and zest, minced garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper to the plastic bag. Use your hands to work ingredients around so the chicken is uniformly covered.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, pierce chicken cubes onto metal or wood skewers. Discard excess marinade.
- Preheat a greased grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chicken until slightly charred and chicken is fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Adjust heat as needed. Chicken internal temperature should register 160°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve chicken kabobs immediately with steamed rice, more chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Notes: If using wood skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling kabobs.