Grilled Chicken BLT Pasta SaladDownload
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Half lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups loosely packed lettuce
- Cook pasta in a pot of generously salted boiling water according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain pasta water and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat, to prevent pasta from sticking together. Set pasta aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium high heat and cook chicken until completely cooked through, and an instant thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F, about 5-6 minutes per side. Set aside to cool, then chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Cook bacon in a foil-lined pan on the grill, or on the stovetop, until crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain, then roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing, then add the chicken, bacon, and cherry tomatoes. Add lettuce right before serving.
- Notes: The pasta salad can be served right away, or can be made up to 4 hours in advance. To keep the lettuce fresh and crisp, lettuce should only be added right before serving.