Grilled Honey Lime ChickenDownload
- 1 1/2-2 punds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the Marinade:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the coconut milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and soy sauce in a shallow casserole dish or zip top bag. Add the chicken and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 3-12 hours.
- When ready to cook, make the sauce by whisking together the vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, honey, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the chicken over medium 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, brush the sauce over the chicken, repeating as desired for a thicker coating and remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.