Marbled Red-White-and-Blue DonutsDownload
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 27 min
- For donuts:
- Food Club Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Food Club Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- For marbled glaze:
- 6 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, mashed
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, oil and milk. Spoon or pipe mixture into donut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make white glaze by mixing 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with milk until smooth. Make rasperry glaze by mixing 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with raspberries until smooth. Glazes should all be thick but pourable. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach desired consitency.
- Add 1/2 cup of each glaze to a shallow bowl or plate. Dip each donut, swirling to create marbled effect. Transfer donuts, glazed side up, to a wire rack and decorate with sprinkles.