Simple Oven Baked LasagnaDownload
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 55 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) box Food Club Lasagna Pasta
- 1 (16-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Food Club Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 3 (8-ounce) cans Food Club Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound Ilaian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and coat a deep 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Lay noodles on a parchment-lined baking sheet, in a single layer to keep from sticking together, and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and egg in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble lasagna in prepared baking dish by layering sauce, noodles, cheese mixture and sausage. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with a final layer of noodles. Top lasagna with a thin layer of sauce and remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbling and golden-brown on top.
*Tip: To freeze and bake later, prepare recipe through step #4. Then cover tightly with heavy-duty foil and freeze. To reheat, bake for 40 minutes covered and 5-10 minutes uncovered.