Slow Cooker Beef Pot RoastDownload
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Food Club Pure Olive Oil, divided
- 1 (3-4 pound) bone-in beef roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Food Club Rosemary Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Food Club Crushed Thyme
- 1 (15-ounce) can Food Club Chili Starter Seasoned Crushed & Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Food Club Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef roast with salt and pepper, and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, rosemary, thyme, tomatoes and water to the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or HIGH for 5-6 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking add the great northern beans to the slow cooker. Remove the roast, shred the meat, add back to the slow cooker and mix to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley.