Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 hours 25 min
Total Time: 8 hours 30 min
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 (8-ounce) cans Food Club Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 9 Food Club Lasagna Pasta noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup Food Club Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine sausage, onion, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Use a wooden spoon to break up sausage into bite-sized pieces, and combine ingredients. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours, or on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in lasagna noodles, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes, or until noodles are tender. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add spinach, and stir until wilted.
- Ladel soup into bowls, and top with mozzarella cheese, ricotta and fresh basil.