Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and RiceDownload
- 2 lbs boneless skinless Food Club chicken breasts
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grease a large (5 or 6-quart) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add rice, chicken broth, minced garlic, lemon zest, juice of 1/ the lemon, salt and pepper to the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper and brown in skillet on both sides, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place browned chicken breasts in slow cooker on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is al dente. Check chicken after 1 1.2 hours for doneness and remove from slow cooker early if necessary. Chicken is done when no longer pink in the middle and an instant read thermometer reads 165°F.
- When rice and chicken are done, drizzle with juice from remaining 1/2 lemon and fluff rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Note: Browning chicken before cooking in the slow cooker improves flavor and gives the chicken a nice golden color, but this step can be skipped if desired.