Slow-Roasted Salmon with Pistachio Basil PestoDownload
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon etra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roasted and shelled
- 2 cups basil
- 4 green onions, trimmed and choped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay salmon fillets on prepared baking sheet and coat evenly with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the thickest part of the fish begins to flake when pierced with a fork.
- while the salmon cooks, make the pesto by combining the pistachios, basil, green onion, rice vinegar and remaining salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, stream in the water and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Transfer pesto to a bowl and fold in grated cheese.