Smoky Cherry Pepper BurgersDownload
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper
- For the Cherry Pepper Relish:
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sweet red cherry peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the Burgers:
- 6 frozen beef patties
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6-10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the stems from the cherry peppers and place in a blender or bowl of a food processor. Add the honey and olive oil and blend until smooth and only seeds remain. Set aside.
- Cook the beef patties on a grill or griddle according to the package directions and season with salt and pepper. Add a slice of cheese to the top of each burger at the end of cooking and allow it to melt before removing from the heat.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons each of the sauce and relish on the top burger bun. Add a beef patty to the bottom bun, top with a few slices of bacon, place the top bun with the sauce on the patty and enjoy.