Tuscan Chicken & Gnocchi SoupDownload
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10-12 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and diced
- 1 (16-ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup Parmesean cheese, shredded
- Set Instant Pot to Saute mode and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and cook just until the onion starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian Seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper and salt to the pot and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the frozen chicken to the pan and lock the lid in place, making sure the venting valve is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 18 minutes, and then carefully turn the venting valve to release any remaining pressure. When the pressure pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place on a cutting board to shred once cooled.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode and bring the broth to a simmer.
- Place the flour in a medium-sized bowl and slowly whisk in the milk and cream until smooth.
- Por the milk mixture into the simmering broth, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, tomatoes, gnocchi and spinach to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until the gnocchi rise to the top of the soup. Cancel Saute mode.
- Sir in the balsamic vinegar and Parmesean cheese into the soup and serve.